13 February 2012

New Beginnings???

It's been over two years since I've been back from Africa and let my blogging come to an end. I spent the good part of those two years taking classes at UNCG in order to enter a medical school program. Along the way I found a part-time job at the local hospital as a transporter/clinical assistant.

These past two years, I have tried to help Ousmane with his transition to life in the US. It has been very rough at times but I think we've come a long way. Despite his stubbornness and his keen ability to drive me crazy I love him with all my heart.

I'm flying out next week to the northwest to interview at two schools for their Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine program. Bastyr University in Seattle and National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, so excited and nervous at the same time!

2 comments:

Geekgirl84 said...

So glad to hear that you and the husband are doing well, Michele. Totally impressed with what you've done with your life. I still think of you from time to time and all the craziness that we did when we were kids. Love you!!

~Jen

Unknown said...

thanks for your kind words Jen! I hope we can cross paths again sometime!