04 October 2009










AT LAST I have put up some photos and actually written on here: I was away from blogging for several reasons, first of all I really had nothing to report since I wasn't really doing anything. Then I got married a few weeks ago, but I didn't have PC permission so I couldn't really tell everyone. But as of September 27th I was finished with Peace Corps (congrats to me!). So now Ousmane and I are in Dakar, living on the beach, applying for a visa, studying calculus (me getting ready for school) and taking driving lessons (that's Oussy), although I might need some practice after so many years of not driving...
so let's see: our first appt at the embassy to drop off the petition to apply for a visa is Tuesday-wish us luck!
I hope you all enjoy the photos! We were married during the month of Ramadan so we couldn't do a big fete (more my style anyway), but the other volunteers all showed up and made it a rememberable wedding. I'm trying to upload a bunch onto facebook, but this cyber cafe isn't too great.
Oh and last night we had our 'wedding cake' (thanks mom and Neda (Mali RPCV living in Dakar)). Mom sent us a cake mix and we went to Neda's yesterday and baked the cake ater which Neda took us out to a lovely dinner at the French Cultural Center, we then returned to her house to frost and eat the cake not forgetting to take pictures of us feeding each other pieces of cake-also look to facebook for those photos.
Missed you all-I hope to be updating more often now!

No comments: