02 April 2009

shrimp scampi




Ok I hope you see these pics well. you know sometimes it's good to talk about other things besides peace corps and work:
Yesterday I got a kilo of shrimp. I've never cooked it before but love shrimp and wanted to eat something delicious. So after I got this kilo I called good ol' mom to make sure i knew how to cook it correctly. As you can see from the before and after pics I think i did ok!
I first made some pasta then drained it and put in some butter and herbes de provence. Then I shelled all the shrimp, cleaned it. Sauteed garlic in a lot of butter. Then added chopped green onions, lemon juice, some white wine and the shrimp. Right before taking it off the heat added some salt and pepper. Then threw that over the pasta. Pretty tasty if you ask me.
Enjoy and happy cooking
PS these photos were taken on my phone with the memory card mom sent. I love you mom! sending you shrimp through the web!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful, Now you have something new to eat! love ya,
Mom