02 March 2009

pizza on my birthday

I had a really nice relaxing weekend to celebrate my birthday. On Saturday after having a tasty lunch of yassa, I went to the river with some friends. It was really nice to just hang out there and swim, since it's been rapidly heating up here in Kedougou (mid-upper 100s)! While we were down by the river banks a friend of a friend came over and started talking to us (he used to run a nearby tourist campement) and he was talking about how he was going to make pizza and bring us some. I laughed it off as if it was just another false commitment people make. then later that evening he showed up at my house with pizza! For those of you who think this is no big deal just some pizza-think again! No restaurants serve pizza here and cheese and ovens are hard to find, so this was a real gem of a present.
Later that night we went to a local dance party and I danced my little heart out so all in all I'd say it was a really nice birthday.
Thanks for all the phone calls, skype calls, emails and facebook messages. I love you all! peace

1 comment:

Nicole said...

well it looks like you got your pizza after all!!! I'm glad to hear you had such a good birthday. love you. take care