28 March 2009

busy busy

Life has been busy lately and with the assault that is hot season, it's been crazy for me.
I spent two weeks in the operating room with two visiting American ophthalmologists, while they performed 107 cataract surgeries. It was a very long two weeks but probably the most interesting in my life. I got to do stuff even medical students don't get to do. I wasn't alone however, Kay another Health PCV, and I were in there for the two weeks. I'll try to find some pics to post but as for now go here, and check out the Eye Clinic article. We often worked from 8AM-8PM with an hour break for lunch, so it was really a change from normal Peace Corps work schedule. I helped co-organize the clinic and really feel that this project made my service, it's an amazing gift, giving sight back to people. Thanks to Right to Sight and Health (the name of the group of doctors) for giving sight back to people who would never have gotten the opportunity if not for them and their tireless work.
Now I'm trying to wrap up a bunch of AIDS projects before a Washington deadline... (note to self for future: Washington deadlines=no sense in Africa). That's it for now y'all!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

i am online if you get this get on facebook or skype so we can chat!!!